Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010 1.40 pm (EST)

Today is a first for many things. Among the many, it is the first time I decided to write on my blog, after having thought about it for ages. Procrastination certainly seems to be the order of the day for me. Now that I have begun to write, I just hope and pray that I can do justice and write on a regular basis.What better topic to start with than a certain someone who defines you and your day.

At one year and 4 months my little boy is quite a handful. Empowered with a vocabulary of 35-40 words he spends all day trying to use the words as and when he can. If opportunities to use them do not present themselves, then he creates them.A little mind at work is sure fun to watch.

People love to talk about the adorable side of babies, but in this past year I have realized that they can present trying times for you.And this is most seen when you try to get them to eat.Trust me, babies have choices and well thought of schemes to avoid things they do not want.Besides, these choices change in time, so much so something he totally loved will soon be something revolting.And that means he would rather go hungry than chew on it.Also there is the mess they can create in your neat home. Toys strewn all over the floor, that you actually trip on them, neatly made bed looking so ghastly you cringe. If you manage to dodge, rather overlook these obstacles, your day can be almost prefect filled with giggles and innocent nudges from your angel.

Never too exuberant in success, nor too defeated in failure.

I rest now, with the belief that I have been a good mother so far.

Love always -
Bijina

3 comments:

  1. no doubt you are a good mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are!! Hey,Bijs..check my blog on http://sathyajitrao.blogspot.com. I too started last weekend..my writing skills are still evolving though!!

    ReplyDelete